Current Studio Cottage 2023

 My last studio lived at my Sunflower house. That house is now a rental so my boyfriend finished a tuff shed for me to work out of. I call it my cottage and designed a courtyard around it. I will finish it in cobblestone inspired by trips to Prague. I will lay the cobblestone so I am glad I am getting over my self consciousness on having rough hands. My hands are humble worker hands and I have gratitude for them. Shawn likes them and I only care for his opinion on that. 

Benches are scraps of timber someone was throwing out. I saw them peeking out of a pile of wood intended for trash pickup. Shawn was reluctant to go back and get them but I said "the universe gives us a gift and you say sorry, wrong time?" He grabbed his gloves with a heavy sigh :) 


Pallet front porch, hey, the roof tiles happen to fit perfect! nice






We do get out to kick the soccer ball, but Im using it to make an elf hat...more on that later





Jam packed for painting, sewing, multimedia, leather, scrapbook/cards and all that. Lots of things on wheels so I can quickly make a bit of space depending on what and where I am working.
The desks and shelves were built by Shawnster. He is much more skilled at carpentry. I do still thoroughly enjoy wood working and making things. The shelves are all on wheels and the desks are so strong I can stand on them, no problem. Tons of natural light in this space. Reflective floor and ceiling are also a bonus. I often work with either "My Little Ponies" or "Ghostbusters" playing. 


  I organize things according to color and type. Yes, this mania extends to my wardrobe closet. I thought to make sewing covers but I sew all.the.time so what's the point? They will never collect dust. I do cover my serger because it came with one. And holy shit, my younger self is squealing with excitement that I actually own a serger. My current (old) self, appreciates it but I feel the insane hardwork to be able to afford any luxury outside of basic needs. I worked my ass off to be able to buy one. I do sometimes squeal to myself at a beautifully serged edge.





I never actually used the pattern primer book so I can't say much on that. I am strangely gifted in making patterns straight from my head, its a bit like origami and sculpting. I hope to have time to make costumes for theaters. Small dream of mine. Vogue Sewing and the 2 Couture Technique books are my sewing bibles. Swoon is the word I feel for those books. Extreme? no.

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sickness Meditations: Touch, Everything is Art

1,000 Suns, Breaking Cycles, 3 Fates Tattoo

Make things: even if you think its shitty