Resurrecting Old Blog Post: "New Ukulele and handmade case" 4/16/22

*This is at the Sunflower house

I was driving in the middle of the state of Utah among mountains, the beautiful sky and farm animals. It was absolutely stunning and I heard a few songs with something that reminded me of the ukulele. I knew of a music shop in town that I could buy one from and decided that was the first thing I was doing when I got back. 


I named her Gloria



I made a case from some fabric I thought suited the instrument. I quilted it and used my serger on the inside seams. It has the printed top layer, thick fleece and upholstery fabric for lining.

I traced around it leaving a seam allowance. The edge pieces start wider for the base of the instrument and taper toward the tuning pegs.


I inserted 2 zippers and serged the seams 

I serged all the pieces together, while holding my breath! There was a lot of layers!

Quilted detail:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sickness Meditations: Touch, Everything is Art

1,000 Suns, Breaking Cycles, 3 Fates Tattoo

Make things: even if you think its shitty