Sewing Portfolio and Fashion Arts

 

Fashion and Sewing

I have been wanting to get into costume, alterations and sewing in a more collaborative way. Theaters, performance art, anything. I have sewn since I can remember. I don't know of a time I did not make clothing, house hold items, soft sculptures and doll things/toys. 

I put a portfolio together on a Google Doc. Most of the projects are soooo old!! I look like a baby in my early 20s! Looking through it though I am inspired to continue to challenge myself with fabrics. I thrift or make nearly everything. (My student violin was thrifted! I now play a nice one and will use the other for festivals or outdoors things.)

The challenge was this: buy random bags of fabric from the thrift store and make something cool. I would look through fashion magazines and cut out things I liked or was inspired by. I don't do that much anymore. So sad about that. Fashion in SLC is non existent...in the Bay Area it was fun. Just another reason I need to live close to a more diverse/international city. Something like...Prague! :) 


Don't judge too harshly!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VTrAQJqGIjRTk6LsTN4Mow0fBMWYIu3IOG46zQlJ8l8/edit?usp=sharing


                       I thought I was cool then, I dated an asshole, drove an M3 convertible and did not have any friends. I was the same me though. Loving and full of too much energy. I was always always alone and lonely. I still am and I think I am cursed. I recently might have found friends, we shall see. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sickness Meditations: Touch, Everything is Art

1,000 Suns, Breaking Cycles, 3 Fates Tattoo

Make things: even if you think its shitty