Resurrecting Old Blog Post: "Lonestar variation and Quilting Classes" 2/12/22

 *This is at the Sunflower House

I signed up for quilt classes at my local sewing store and I am working on a variation of a "Lonestar". I am using all scraps from my fabric stash based on the bright floral fabric. I am learning a ton about my machine, piecing techniques and tools. 

I am so grateful to have the time, money and space to pursue hobbies. It brings tears to my eyes when I think back on the roach and mold infested trailer I lived in for years. I was not with a stable partner. I was with someone who leeched off me and contributed nothing. I sacrificed hard to save and pay off debt so that I can have the things I want and need now. It was hard. I do everything with an immense sense of gratitude. 

The quilting class is a great bunch of women and men too. All types of people work on quilts! Just in the first class we got to talking a bit serious on traumas in life and how we all cope and heal with art and quilting. I knew immediately I was in the right place and time and I had found my people!


I took 2 diamonds apart and re-sewed them, it was off since I was using my 1/4 inch foot incorrectly! aagh


   Update 11/20/2023:

 I had this quilt for a very long time and intended to give it away when the right person came along. At Sober Softball I met a woman who said she used to collect quilts and she is soo sad she lost them all. I was having Open Studio the next day. I said I have a quilt for her and she should come out. She ended up getting seriously hurt with a ball straight to the nose that very night. Lots of blood. Hospital visit. 


She still came out and brought me a painting as a trade. I was completely floored. This was the first painting anyone has ever given to me. Not only did she show up, she brought 2 family members with. I fell in love with her so bad!!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sickness Meditations: Touch, Everything is Art

1,000 Suns, Breaking Cycles, 3 Fates Tattoo

Make things: even if you think its shitty